When I am approached to review a book, I appreciate it. I do not approve all review requests, however. Although I’m going to look into every offered book, I’m not going to accept all of them.
What Do I Read?
- Literary Fiction
- Magical Realism
- Historical Fiction
- Short stories
- Young Adult
- Mystery/ Thriller
- LGBTQIAAP+ fiction (fantasy, romance, contemporary)
- Women’s fiction
- Crime Fiction
- Own voices
- Thrillers/psychological thrillers
- True crime and crime fiction
What I don’t Read?
- Unfinished works
What Format Do I Accept?
- Physical copy (ARC or hardcover) [I prefer this format more]
- Digital copies (I have a Kindle)
Things You Should Include In Your Review Request:
- Name of your novel
- Your name
- A summary of your novel
- The release date
- The genre that your novel is written in
- Where the book can be found (Goodreads, for example) and where it can be bought(Amazon, for example)
What Happens After I Accept Your Book For Review?
Before sending me a review request, please understand that by approving or obtaining a book, I do not promise that it will be read immediately or post immediately on the blog. I have an ever-growing stack of books I want to read and a busy life. I’m going to do my best to read and review it in a timely manner, but it’s not always possible.
If the book is an ARC, I will try to publish the review on or around the release date. I MAY do a Save the Date for it, in addition, if I really enjoyed it.
I also reserve the right to NOT post your book review if I don’t feel comfortable doing so. This may be because I had run out of time, had nothing really to say about it, etc.
My reviews include a summary of the book, a picture of the book cover, publisher and publication date, from where I received the book, and my opinion of the book along with a star rating out of 5.
What If I don’t enjoy the book?
All of my reviews will be my honest opinion, and it is possible that I didn’t enjoy reading your book and my review will be clear of that.
If you are not okay with a negative review, then you should not send me the review request because my honest opinion are my priority.
I spend time reading a book and I feel like, even though it is negative, I reserve the right to write about that experience. By sending me a review request, you are acknowledging the fact that the review will be genuine and polite. I respect the hard work of an author and being a reader, I will give you an honest feedback that will benefit you.
Other services offered on this blog:
- Author interviews: Normally, I just interview writers that I know about.
- Giveaways: I’m just going to post a giveaway of a book I’ve read or am planning to read.
- Blog tours: I only do blog tours with the books I am interested in, that too exclusive content.
- Exclusive cover reveals: I said exclusive, because I do not want to be one of 100 bloggers revealing on the same day.
If you would like to contact me with any requests, send a message.